Varsity Youth is the youth group of Rhema Bible Church in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. Check out our church’s website here, at www.rhemabiblechurch.com
Every month, Varsity provides a multi-faceted approach to youth ministry.
- Spirit—Weekly services, small groups and times of worship are the foundation of our youth ministry.
- Soul—Varsity provides the chance to build relationships and friendships to last a lifetime, in a positive and clean social environment.
- Body—We regularly hold monthly and quarterly special events. There is always something going on at Varsity from gym nights to an off-campus night-on-the-town. We also host seasonal events such as youth camp, fall retreat, and an annual Summer Blitz, which you can find more information about here.
The vision of Varsity Youth is to build, establish and equip teenagers with the love of God through the vision of the local church. Our goal is to train students spiritually, as well as provide them with a positive social and emotional environment. We desire to see every youth grow into strength and maturity and be fully prepared for every transition into adulthood.
Rev. Denise (Hagin) Burns, Family Ministries Pastor
Denise is no stranger to the ministry. The Texas-born daughter of Kenneth W. and Lynette Hagin, Denise has long had a desire to see kids have a real relationship with God. “I want children to know that Jesus is their best friend, and that He will always be there for them,” she says. “I want them to build a strong foundation in God.” On staff since 1993, Denise has served as nursery and preschool director, children’s minister, and is currently the Student Ministries Pastor—overseeing the nursery, children, and youth. She also oversees the RHEMA Child Development Center daycare program and is an instructor at Rhema Bible Training College. Denise holds a bachelor’s degree in early childhood education from Oklahoma State University and is a 1998 RBTC graduate. Denise and her husband, Don, were married in 1999 and have two sons: Trevor and Wesley. Denise loves watching her favorite sports team—the Oklahoma State Cowboys—with her family and playing board games.
D.K. Hall, Youth Pastor
D.K. joined the Rhema Bible Church staff as Varsity Youth Director in 2016. He had served as JV Youth Director in 2015. D.K. is a graduate of Rhema Bible Training College.
Emily Hall, Youth Pastor
Emily joined the Rhema Bible Church staff with her husband, D.K., in 2015. Emily is a graduate of Rhema Bible Training College.
What we believe:
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God.
- Our God is One, but manifested in three Persons—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- Man is a created being, made in the likeness and image of God, but through Adam’s transgression and fall, sin came into the world.
- Salvation is the gift of God to man through faith in Jesus Christ.
- The New Birth is necessary to all men, and when experienced, produces eternal life.
- Baptism in water is by immersion, is a direct commandment of our Lord, and is for believers only.
- The Baptism in the Holy Ghost is a gift and is accompanied by the initial evidence of speaking in other tongues.
- We believe in sanctification, which is living a life of holiness.
- Healing is the privilege of every member of the Church today provided through Jesus’ death on the Cross.
- Jesus will return and “. . . The dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air . . .” (1 Thess. 4:16–17).”
- The one who physically dies in his sins without accepting Christ is eternally lost and, therefore, has no further opportunity of hearing the Gospel or repenting.
For further details on our beliefs, click here to view the expanded material and scripture references.